Forum Rules and Guidelines
The community of professional advisors on our forum are a great group of like minded people that share helping businesses as a common interest. Some of us have extended knowledge and experience with providing business assistance in general and we’re all here to help to the best of our ability. This forum is all about Advisors Helping Advisors.
Before you start posting, please read these Guidelines. If there is anything that is unclear, or if you’re in doubt please feel free to contact one of the Moderating team here at Business Advisor Network. Business Advisor Network is a not for profit organisation connecting businesses with experts.
Please Note: This is a privately owned forum. Business Advisor Network and the Moderating Team, reserve the right to accept or decline your membership subject to our Terms and Conditions. We reserve the right to declare what is suitable and what is not on Business Advisor Network sites.
Advisory: All posts on Business Advisor Network sites are to be in the English Language. Any post that is not in English, will be deleted.
“Guidelines of Conduct” on Business Advisor Network Forum
1. No content that is considered racist, obscene, x-rated, or objectionable will be tolerated. All such posts will be deleted without notice and the member who posted it will be issued infractions and or banned at our discretion. This includes avatars & signatures.
This is a Family Friendly Forum. Don’t post content that you would not want your children, mothers, husbands or wives to see.
- No Discussions of Politics will be allowed on Business Advisor Network.
- No Discussions on Religion will be allowed either.
2. You will not violate a persons privacy by publishing information without permission that is private and personal. If you feel the need to do this, send one of our moderators a message before doing so.
3. Personal attacks (Flaming, Name Calling) on others will not be tolerated. We take politeness very seriously. You are welcome to challenge others points of view and opinions, but do so respectfully and thoughtfully.
Please remember The Golden Rule: Treat others as you wish to be treated !
4. Create threads in the proper forum. Threads created in the wrong forum are subject to deletion. One thread posted in multiple forums(Cross Posting) is subject to deletion and issuance of Infractions.
5. We have a zero-tolerance approach on SPAM. If you post spam, you risk your account being permanently banned and your topic will be deleted. No advertising is allowed on Business Advisor Network without prior approval by the ADMINs.
6. Do not send spam via private messages. See #5
7. Do not promote and advertise your affiliated websites, domains, companies, or services in any of the discussion forums. This includes starting a thread, replying to a post, or putting it in your signature. If there is any content on your webpage that solicits fees, we may have reason to disallow it. If a member is seeking assistance or looking for a certain type of product, the best way to offer your services is to send a PM using the Contact button on their Profile page. The only way people are allowed to advertise on this site is of they are registered and use Points to do so, upon approval. Please contact us if you wish to become a Partner or Sponsor.
8. Promoting other Advisor or Consulting Network related forums or blogs in your posts, signatures, or in any way on the forum is not permitted. We are not going to stop you if you are providing useful information that we otherwise could not, especially if this is a service we do not cover, within reason. Unless an agreement has been reached with the ADMINs of Business Advisor Network, doing so without the mentioned conditions will result in infractions being issued and or banning.
9. No charity/fundraising posts will be allowed without prior authorization of the ADMINs . The Asking or Suggestion of making Donations by any member without prior authorization of the ADMINs is not allowed.
- Supporting Partners or Sponsors Who Have ADMIN Approved Links
- Other Not for Profit Organisations Who Have ADMIN approved Donate Links
10. Users may disagree with the decisions or actions of the moderators and/or administrators, however, disagreements, criticism and the like are not to be aired within the forums. Please feel free to PM the person directly using the Contact Us form rather than air your dirty laundry in public.
11. Any abuse towards our staff and/or management will result in immediate suspension of your account.
12. Signature guidelines:
The maximum number of lines in a signature is 5. (to minimize on-screen clutter).
Do not put any kind of advertisements in signatures.
Signature text should comply with our regular posting Guidelines.
Text links are permitted, but may NOT be commercial in nature.
If your signature is in violation of any of these new rules, the Staff may remove it without prior notice. Please keep in mind that signatures may not be overly-distracting, animated, offensive, malicious, racist, or pornographic in nature.
13. DO NOT advertise any opportunity to invest, however responses to advisors seeking assistance for their clients from other advisors with debt or equity refinancing are permitted. Anyone trying to use Business Advisor Network to advertise any investment scheme may be issued infractions and or banned, and their posts may be deleted.
14. If you have any questions as to whether something is acceptable, please message a moderator BEFORE posting in the forum.
15. DO NOT advertise any multi level marketing (MLM) or product of any kind. Business Advisor Network is not eBay or Craigslist.
16. Do not provide links or reference to any warez, or illegitimate software of any kind. All such links will be removed.
17. The Forum is not the place to send warnings about scams, hoaxes, viruses. If you have any specific site issues then first check the Knowledgebase on the Support system and if unresolved send us a ticket through the support system.
Note: These Guidelines are subject to change as we see fit.
Except for Spammers, We will make every effort to notify you if you are not following the forum’s Guidelines. Moderators and Administrators have the final word. If you have a problem or a complaint please direct it to the ADMINs instead of posting in the public forums. They will quickly take the appropriate actions to resolve the issue in a private and discreet manner.
WE VALUE YOUR FEEDBACK TO MAKE THE NETWORK A BETTER RESOURCE FOR PROFESSIONAL ADVISORS
Most of all….Have fun and enjoy the forums!